Video marketing is a major part of marketing that most healthcare companies ignore. It has such an important role to play in the sales conversion of a product that it cannot be overlooked. Because visual representation is something captivating and appealing, it has the power to draw the attention of anyone who looks at it. Marketers should take advantage of this and use it to boost their sales and increase their customer base.
Why Video Marketing?
There are a million reasons why you would want to engage in video marketing as a healthcare organization and here are some:
- It allows you to Educate your Patient Customers: This is one of the advantages of video marketing. It gives you the ability to educate your patients on a new product, a new treatment, and how to lead healthier lives.
- It Boosts your Website SEO: Websites have become important in this time of COVID-19 and the competition for website ranking is stiff. As a healthcare practitioner or an organization, videos help to optimize your website as search engines love videos. Engaging in video marketing will help to rank your website and beat the competition.
- It Creates a Strong Customer-Brand Relationship: Another reason to engage in video marketing is that it helps to communicate your brand personality to customers and patients. It reaches them in the comfort of their homes and talks to them. This makes them feel comfortable with your brand.
- It Boosts Conversion Rates: The endgame of every brand is to make sales on products. You can’t make ads that don’t turn into conversions, this lowers your profit. Video marketing helps to boost up conversion rates on a site and a product as consumers already have a strong relationship with the brand and are willing to patronize them. They will be more willing and comfortable to try out new products, be it a drug or a new treatment.
How to Integrate Video Marketing in Healthcare:
Video marketing is no doubt a goldmine in marketing but let’s have a look at how this applies to the healthcare industry. There are a few things that consumers need and if you can harness these into your videos then you are on your way to making sales.
- Professional Healthcare Practitioners they can trust: Your video for marketing should not just be about the degree. It should go beyond that, HCPs in videos should be able to connect with the patients and let them know that they understand. They should be able to impress that feeling that goes beyond the white lab coats and medical prescription. The video should say, I understand what you are going through, and I am here to help. This will draw patients to your brand.
- In-depth and informational answers to health challenges: Your videos should not be rushed. They should not contain too many medical jargons that are not understandable by patients. Patients want to connect with a brand that has the answers to their problems. So when marketing, provide solutions to problems, solutions that are in-depth and easily understood by the viewer. This will help to make sales to the products or draw customers to your website.
- A sense of trust and understanding from fellow patients: This can be achieved through testimonial videos. Nothing hits better than a person with a similar problem sharing their success story with you. You can tell they’ve been through your pain and you would want to share that same joy they feel. This is the importance of a testimonial video. It helps to create trust and understanding in patients and this will likely lead to an action that will benefit your organization.
Video marketing is the new trend in marketing and will continue to be for a long time. Taking advantage of this would be very beneficial to healthcare organizations especially if videos are well promoted on social media.